The American Academy of Pediatrics continues to reinforce the importance of staying up to date on immunizations and well-child exams during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are here for your family and continue to encourage regular well-child care.
We have taken several steps to limit your child’s exposure to illness while in our office.
- Our walk-in clinic has been temporarily suspended.
- Limiting clinic visitors. We ask that only one adult accompany each patient. If possible, please do not bring your child’s siblings to the appointment.
- If your child is scheduled for a well visit and also has symptoms of an illness, we ask that you reschedule your appointment (if parents bringing the child in have illness symptoms, we also ask that you reschedule the appointment).
- Enhanced cleaning efforts are taking place clinic-wide.
- Books, stickers, and crayons have been removed.
- We urge families to practice social distancing, especially in our lobby area (ideal distancing is 6 feet apart or more).
- We continue to screen all individuals who come to the clinic for symptoms and exposure history.
Young children grow quickly so it’s important to track their growth and development regularly.
This is also a great opportunity to ask questions about behavior or sleep patterns, and share any questions or concerns. Adolescents and young adults need regular exams too. These are an opportunity to evaluate clearance for sports participation, discuss growth and nutrition, screen for mental health issues such as anxiety or depression, and discuss other concerns. Caring for our patients throughout their lives allows us to form trusting relationships, which become very valuable in the teen years.
- Well-child appointment scheduling is available online!
- Learn more about the process of billing for well child exams.
- Skip the paperwork! Well child questionnaires and clinic forms are available online.
- Our kid-friendly commitment. Our Kid Experts are committed to making patient care as pain-free as possible.